HOME / JFC / ARVIND LALWANI
With over 19 years of Boxing and martial arts experience, Arvind ‘The Juggernaut’ Lalwani is the Head Coach and Owner at Juggernaut Fight Club.
Having represented Singapore both at Amateur level and earning top honours since 2000, Arvind has gone on to become a household name in the local Boxing fraternity with his appointment as National Coach to the Singapore National Boxing team in 2009 and recently again in 2011 till present day. To date, he has trained multiple medal winners in both local and International competitions, as well as the best local professional fighters in the country.
The Juggernaut’s no-nonsense style of training has been developed over the years from his early 2-month training stint in Atlanta Georgia with a former Russian Special Forces Boxing Coach, his own personal experience in the ring as the only Singaporean sparring partner for contestants in Season 4 of ‘The Contender’ and personal fight training regimes developed over his 10-year amateur fight career. In addition, Arvind’s passion for fight sports also saw him cross-training and competing in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Wrestling and Mixed-Martial Arts competitions. Arvind is still active in competitions and recently became the first Singaporean to win a Gold medal at an international Wrestling competition. He won the Gold medal at the pre Sea games wrestling championships, 120kg category.
Arvind made his Professional Boxing debut at the 2010 Mettle Games following a 6-week training camp at the world renowned 5th St. Gym in Miami Florida. Coached by Matt Baiamonte and Muhammed Ali’s own trainer Angelo Dundee, Arvind experienced a world-class training programme that inspired him to challenge himself further both in and out of the ring.
Awards & Achievements
- 2000 National Heavyweight Boxing Champion
- 2002 Asian Boxing Championships Quarter-Finalist (Negeri Sembilan Malaysia)
- 2006 Combat Academy Boxing Championships Light-Heavyweight Champion
- 2000-2006 National Boxing Team Member
- 2008 Singapore International Brazilian Jiu-jitsu Championships Open Weight (2nd place)
- 2008 All-Styles Martial Arts Heavyweight Champion
- 2009 Appointed National Boxing Coach for Team Singapore at Sijori Boxing Championships (Johor Bahru Malaysia)
- 2010 National Boxing Coach for Team Singapore at Commonwealth Boxing Championships (New Delhi India)
- 2011 Naksu MMA Fight Winner (Bangkok Thailand)
- 2011 National Boxing Coach for Team Singapore at Penang Invitational Boxing Championships (Malaysia)
- 2013 Pre South East Asian Games Wrestling Champion Freestyle, Myanmar (First Singaporean wrestler to win a Gold Medal at an international competition)
- 2013 Pre South East Asian Games Wrestling Runner-Up Greco-Roman
- 2013 National Boxing Coach for Team Singapore at Taiwan International Boxing Championships
- 2014 National Wrestling Championships Heavyweight Champion, Freestyle
- 2014 National Wrestling Championships Heavyweight Runner-up, Greco-roman
- 2009-2015 National Boxing Coach
- 2015-2017 National Kickboxing Coach
- 2011- present Coached multiple combat sports champions in MMA, amateur and pro boxing, muay thai and K1 kickboxing. Coach of first pro boxing champion in Singapore. Current coach of 2 WBC Asia pro boxing champions.